Wednesday, May 20, 2009

PIU Current Generations

Well, as you all know, Pyramid's arcade don't have PIU (Pump It Up) since they commenced the business, but there was a guy tried to play Ez2dancer and once I saw his move, I knew he is a pumper.

Later on when I danced, he came over and asked me how to adjust the speed for the game and also "Freestyle" mode (Freestyle is double mode in PIU, in Ez2dancer it is called Club Mix). 100% confirmed he is a pumper.

Chatted with him after my game and found out that he learned PIU from Rikku, an old friend of me during my baby-period in TS, so far in Malaysia I had only met 4 persons who can manage to dance any dancing machine including myself, Rikku is one of it, Jya-Chan and my sifu, Joyce. But nowadays there might be more, and most of the arcade dancers can dance at least 2 or 3 dancing machines now.

Back to the guy I mentioned above, some of his words in right, the machine is innocent, all the trouble is created by human. Honestly, I hate PIU due to that reason also, but it never stop me playing PIU. Just I dislike the appearance of PIU in Pyramid. He is just too young to understand the world of dancing machine, he might not know what happened in the past between PIU and other dancing machines.

Back to PIU, I am not the only one who hate it, even Stephanie and her DDR group back in KK, most of the DDR and PPP dancers in Malaysia hate PIU as well. The story is too long to mention here, the feeling we are having on PIU were not accumulated within 1 day only.

I am glad that DDR and PPP are backed to shine in the arcade world now, and PIU popularity felt sharply after the incident 2 years ago, and the current generations would not have know what their previous old man did.

Current Dancing Machine available in Klang Valley:
PPP
Pyramid (3), 1U, TS, Leisure Mall, Sogo, Mid Valley, Klang Parade (2), Jusco Wangsa Maju, Jusco Cheras = Total 12

DDR

Pyramid (2), Sogo, TS, Summit USJ, Jusco Wangsa Maju, Jusco Kepong, Jusco Cheras = Total 8

Ez2dancer
Pyramid (3), TS, 1U = Total 5

PIU
TS, Sg Wang, The Mines, Klang Parade = Total 4

Dance Maniax
TS, 1U = Total 2

Other State:
PPP
Johor Bharu, Genting (4 units), Jusco Seremban2, Kota Kinabalu, Penang and more, I guess more than 10 units.

DDR

No data for peninsula, Kota Kinabalu

Ez2dancer
Johor Bharu, no data for Penang, Ipoh, Genting and East Malaysia

PIU
Kuantan, Kota Kinabalu, Muar, no data for Penang.

Dance Maniax
No data at all.